Welcome to the teaching vacancies section of the College website.
Before applying please be sure to read the General Guidance section, failure to comply with the guidance may affect your application.
TEACHER OF HUMANITIES
PART-TIME TEMPORARY (Maternity Cover)
Required from 29 January 2018
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Humanities or an ambitious NQT with outstanding potential.
You will have high expectations and excellent subject knowledge, with a lively and energetic personality. You will want to continue developing your teaching skills to ensure enjoyment and rigour in the classroom, as well as make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the College. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of highly respected, friendly and supportive colleagues and work in a thriving and forward-thinking school, situated in a beautiful part of rural East Devon. The Humanities department is well resourced and supported. Their results are good and the management are ambitious for the future.
Potential candidates should outline their strengths and experiences in their application. The ability to teach GCSE History, KS3 Geography and RE would be desirable.
In recent years, Honiton Community College has become a popular and successful school, with a flourishing Sixth Form, an excellent academic record, exceptional extra-curricular richness and diversity.
Our students are outstanding and they deserve outstanding teachers.
The school provides excellent opportunities for professional development.
An Enhanced DBS is a requirement of this post, as Honiton Community College is committed to safeguarding its students and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 15th January 2018
Interview date: Friday 19th January 2018
To apply for this post it would be preferable if candidates could visit the College web site www.honitoncollege.devon.sch.uk and follow the link for vacancies under the Vacancies tab. There is a job description, person specification and an application form. Please email completed application forms to email@example.com. If you have any queries please either e mail Jenny Bigmore or phone her on 01404 549859.
- All of our vacancies are displayed on the website, we do not accept speculative applications.
- We do not accept CV's (CV's can be included with a completed application form.
- We do not accept late applications.
- Only applications on the College application form will be considered.
- No Agencies
- To apply please e mail your completed application form to the person stated on the advert details click here for an application form.
- Because of the large volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to reply to unsuccessful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume you have not been successful in securing an interview on this occasion.
However, please do not let this dissuade you from applying for future vacancies should they arise.
- Your application must be received by 12 noon on the closing date specified on the advert.
- If you send your application by email it must be in Word or PDF format. Adobe Reader can be downloaded here.
- If you send your application by email please ensure you save the form locally then send it as a standard file attachment. Please do not use Cloud Storage i.e. dropbox, skydrive etc.
- E mail applications are preferable, however, if this is not possible, please ensure the correct postage is paid as the College is unable to cover additional costs.
All staff must undergo an Enhanced DBS check to work at Honiton Community College Academy Trust
|By post:||Honiton Community College,School Lane,Honiton,Devon,EX14 1QT|