Trainers, sandals, flip-flops, dolly shoes, canvas or high-heeled shoes will not be acceptable. A shoe that covers the bridge of the foot and encloses the toes is ideal. A pair of ‘leather’ shoes covering most of the foot is best as it provides protection against anything that could be dropped in Technology or Science, and will keep the feet warm and dry in poor weather.
- Plain black, grey or white socks.
- Large bag suitable for carrying all equipment (including A4 sized files) and books. A rucksack is advisable.
The following are not acceptable uniform:
- Trousers must not be excessively skinny or baggy and must be worn on the waist (not low slung) and full length. Stretch, flared, denim, jean-style, canvas, or corduroy trousers are not acceptable.
- Trainers, sandals, flip-flops, plimsolls, dolly shoes, canvas or high-heeled shoes
- Logos on belts, buckles, trousers or skirts
- Fitted shirts
- Facial piercings (including tongue piercings)
- Coloured nail varnish and acrylic/false nails
- Hair styles should avoid extremes of fashion. ‘Tram lines’ of any kind; cuts shorter than a grade 3; colours other than natural hair colours; extreme hairstyles (eg. Mohican cuts) are not acceptable. If you are unsure whether a hairstyle is acceptable please contact your Head of Learning or SWC for clarification.
- No pattern or additional colours should be visible on the skirt. Ra-Ra skirts, for example, are unacceptable, as are tight-fitting/ lycra skirts, no additional detailing on the skirt such as zips on pockets, patches etc.