Dear Fellow Parents / Carers,
There was a lot of discussion at the PSFA meeting on Tuesday, 27th November about its future: what is its purpose, and where should it be focusing its attention?
The answers came thick and fast – below are just some of the ideas. Please take a few minutes to read them through and see if they ring any bells with your own thoughts and feelings.
The conclusion from this discussion was that we should try changing the emphasis, so there will be an initial Parents’ Forum meeting 17th January, 6.00pm Dining Room, with each year’s Head of Learning present.
We hope, by giving you plenty of notice, good attendance will mean we can quickly move on to setting up termly parent networks for each year group, to offer much more flexibility over times & agenda. This does not mean we will never try to run events and/or fundraising again, but probably in response to a specific need or request.
Notice of first Parents’ Forum
6pm in Dining Hall, Thursday, 17th January 2013,
Topics covered will include;
- General: The Enrichment Programme – how it can benefit your child
- Improving communication
- Year 7s: The greatly increased range of subjects on the curriculum, compared with primary school – what are they all about?
- Year 8s: ‘Options’ – how will the system of choosing subjects for GCSE work?
- Year 9s: Information on options and career pathways advice
- Year10s: Advice to supporting students under pressure and alternative pathways to the future
(No parent from yrs 11 & 12 attended – but it isn’t too late to make a suggestion! Please send further suggestions for discussion topics to Marie-Claire Adams - MAdams@honitoncollege.devon.sch.uk)
It would be helpful if you could confirm your attendance, year group of your child(ren), and other comments on the changes to the PFSA on firstname.lastname@example.org (password – parents) or via the College Office.